Decorating a kitchen today requires an understanding of the trends for the coming year. In 2021, cabinets with inferior trim, glossy finishes and plastic inserts should be removed from kitchens. Soft pastel colours and shades are very popular these days. For this purpose, natural materials are increasingly preferred for interior design. Small but spacious wooden cabinets are very popular in modern kitchens. In this case, you can embellish them with beautiful metal inserts. Thus, soft colours should be emphasised in all decorations, as the brightness of the palette is no longer important. In this article, we will review the different structures and characteristics of contemporary and upcoming kitchen cabinets.
Kitchen cabinets: The different trends for 2021
The elegant and practical design of 2021 kitchens means environmentally friendly materials, maximum functionality and high-quality furniture. Space, minimalism and convenience in kitchen use are popular this year. Also, spacious cabinets are favoured. The three-tiered kitchen is also very stylish. Choosing a cabinet with different storage systems is a very good solution. Built-in convertible furniture will be very popular.
Let’s take a look at the main trends in kitchen cabinets in 2021.
Kitchen cabinets 2021: Colour trends
Let’s try to go through different colour trends for the coming year.
- Bright colours and shades are out in 2021. These are the recommendations from designers. Pastels, whites and all their shades are popular.
- Monochromatic design with calm, pastel colours is very elegant.
- Earthy colour trends and the influence of green style are part of the trendy colour palette. Colour choices range from rich wood tones to terracotta and soft beige.
- Beige, brown and black are all popular choices.
- Blue still has a variety of trends, including sky blue and dark blue.
- Neutral pastels: coffee, light pink, cream, milk. You can combine them, but they must be done with care and taste. Only 2-3 shades can be combined at a time.
- Dark green. You can combine this colour palette with this season’s metallic inserts. Also, you can combine rich, dark green tones with coffee-coloured inserts. Green tones are in harmony with smoked glass. Other unusual shades of green are grey-green, pistachio, swamp and olive. All these tones should be soft and pastel.
Kitchen cabinets 2021: What colour combination?
Let’s take a look at various fashionable colour and shades combinations in modern kitchen design:
– Black and white are currently in vogue. The success of this combination is that it is timeless and therefore always suitable and in demand. This combination is very suitable for classic and minimalist kitchens.
– Blue and green. Green can have different shades and its partner should be selected from the dark colour palette.
– Combining grey with green or blue is the way to go. Grey-blue combinations are just starting to become popular and grey-green mixtures have become very popular too. Combining burgundy or gold shades with light green tones.
– Dark brown and grey tones, woody notes combined with the main green colour.
Matte black kitchen cabinetry: a contemporary decor.
Kitchen trends in 2020! Black is still very popular among kitchen designers and clients. It’s generally considered a complementary colour and is coming back this year. As a result, black has been found not only on kitchen cabinets, walls and countertops but also on sinks and taps. Black is becoming livable, luxurious and intimate again, and textured wood adds a warm, rustic elegance. Black and dark colours are making a comeback. We’re not talking about the sleek black kitchen surfaces and white glass cabinets of the early 2000s.
We are talking about a new season 2020/2021 in search of a more classic and modern trend. Also, a dark stone (veined marble or granite) with slight changes in tone will create a dramatic sense of hierarchy, a dark sophistication. Therefore, by using a darker colour palette and contrasting black tones with brown, wood, grey, taupe or biscuit beige, you will achieve a very elegant and warm atmosphere.
A tip: remember to set up a good lighting plan. When choosing a black cabinet, make sure there is enough natural light and illumination in your kitchen.
Kitchen cabinets 2021: materials and structure
Modern kitchen cabinets come in several trends in terms of structure and manufacturing materials.
The trend towards environmentally friendly interior design has also affected the design of kitchen cabinets. In 2021, the use of ecological and natural materials will become more important. Wooden furniture is very popular nowadays. Thus, the use of wood in their design does not only stop at cabinets but also in the creation of wall panels. Using other natural materials is also popular. The less plastic in kitchen furniture, the better. Environmentally friendly cabinetry with geometric and graphic patterns is a recommendation of modern designers. Other design trends, such as functionality, practicality and quality, also apply to modern countertops.
A double island kitchen
Kitchen islands have become an important part of modern kitchens with the development of big kitchens in open spaces. A pair of islands is the latest trend in luxury kitchen design. When it comes to cooking their exceptional dishes over time, kitchen specialists need to display numerous dishes and kitchen utensils. For this, a second island can be an indispensable addition. The second island can also become a second dining room for quick meals, snacks or coffee. This is one of the most interesting kitchen trends of 2020.
Kitchen trend 2021: handleless cabinets
They manage to be unobtrusive thanks to a neutral colour, and they use the full height of the wall. This produces an elegant, timeless, ultra-optimised effect with a functional kitchen, whereas a multitude of handles would have made the kitchen look heavy and cluttered. This layout is one of the hottest trends for 2021. At Armo Design we have the expertise to advise you in choosing your 2021 kitchen cabinet.
If you have any questions or would like to speak with one of our experts, call us at 514 813 6856.